Sunday, January 03, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook--January 3, 2010




Outside My Window::

The sun is glorious, the sky is clear and bleached white. This, combined with the snow, makes it dazzling outside, but probably very cold!
I am Listening to::

Silence (CI's not in!)


I am wearing ::

My garnet hill nightgown, so I feel like Elizabeth Bennet


I am Thankful For::
* A wonderful Christmas season spent with family and friends, especially a chance to see my grandparents and Di and Susie;
* My new parish family


I am Reading:


From the Kitchen::
So many big plans--I got cookbooks for Christmas. I just need to go shopping! But definitely my favorite Texas Cornbread (if I make it, recipe will be up). I'd also like to try some muffins from my new cookbook.
I am Thinking:

That even though I had a wonderful vacation, I've sort of missed my job! (whether or not I will be able to convey this into a cheerful wakeup tomorrow remains to be seen)

I am Creating::

ORDER. My mom and I did a massive apartment purge during my week off, so now all that's left is to clean off my desk and dining table. Both of those are easier said than done, but I want to tackle them today so that I can start 2010 back at work with a clean home slate. 



On my iPod::
Loreena McKennit's An Ancient Muse.


Towards Rhythm and Beauty:

Per my new year's goals, I want to incorporate some things into my life, like working out and daily writing. So today I will be creating a schedule to attempt to balance all the things I have going on right now.
To Live the Liturgy:
Today's Epiphany, one of my favorite feasts. I love the songs and the image of the Wise Men bearing gifts to the Baby Jesus. 


I am Hoping and Praying:
:: for health and fitness, strength and grace to do His will. (stole this from Elizabeth, but it's good!)



Around the House:

After last week's purge, I have to vacuum the floors. And, as I said above, the kitchen table needs HELP. 


One of My Favorite Things:
Babies, especially Susie and Justin, whom I got to see last week.


A Few Plans for the Rest of the Week:
:"Back to life," as the song goes. That means:
--Work, in general, and daily Mass at St. Pat's
--Voice lessons on Thursdays (I've missed them!)
A Picture Thought  I'm Sharing:


Susie, tasting the Baby Einstein Animals. :)

No comments: