Saturday, July 12, 2008

The Best Night



Tonight was, without a doubt, the best night of my life.

Not only was the show amazing--from beginning to end, top to bottom, we rocked the house. It was seamless and heart-wrenching and funny and excruciating all at the same time. It flew by. The energy was unbelievable. (And the Red Rat scene was SO FUN!)

But what made it the best night ever was what happened after.

I did a lightening-fast change and went out to the cafeteria to meet my family. It was like a constant wave of people I have known throughout my life, from start to finish.

First was my brother and my grandparents. My grandparents taught me to play the piano. They have come to a vast majority of my events, from talent shows to requiems to musicals. They have given me incredible support and love. And my brother is just, well, awesome. :)
Then my parents. God knows how much I owe them. :-D
Then Richelle, Aaron and Christine, from college and political work. CPAC adventures!

Then Tiffany and both her parents. The Dulmage house has been like my second home for a long time, and I was thrilled to see them.
Then Anne and Lindsay, from elementary school! I haven't seen Anne is YEARS and almost didn't recognize her. She's getting married. It was insane!I couldn't believe Lindsay came, since she usually has to work. We all used to sing together back in the day.

Then Suellen, who I also have not seen in donkey's years. We have been theater buffs since Time Began.

Then Maggie and Matt from the office--I guess I owe Matt $15 now. :) Matt teases me endlessly, everyday. :) And Maggie is a great boss. :)

It was like one big awesome reunion of People From My Life.

And the best part?
I was here for it.
Thank you, Suzanne.

No comments: