Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Popcorns!

OK, Yes, I have seen The Dark Knight.
Yes, it is amazing.
But, I am going to see it again on Thursday, so I will do a write-up then. There are a few scenes I'd like to see again and, with the research I've been doing, I'd like to watch it again with my Enhanced Knowledge. :)

Last night, though, I watched Penelope on DVD. It was amazing! Definitely on my top 10 list of films.
The story is simple, but sweet--Penelope (Christina Ricci, Casper, Circle of Friends, The Ice Storm) is a rich heiress. She's looking for someone to marry. The problem? She was born with a pig snout, due to an old family curse, and the spell can only be lifted if "one of her own" falls in love with her. So that means blue-blooded types. Most of them get one look at Penelope, and run out the door (or jump out the window), terrified. One suitor, Edward, was so shaken that he went to the police to report her. In an effort to prove he's not crazy, he teams with an investigative reporter and bribes a down-on-his-luck blue-blood, Max (James McAvoy, Wanted, The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe, Becoming Jane), to get a photo of Penelope.
One problem--Max sort of likes her.
So, what will happen?
It's a fantastic movie, and clocks in at 90 minutes, so it's good without being overly long. It is the sweetest movie I have seen in a long time, and perfect for families to watch together.

No comments: