Monday, January 18, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook--January 18, 2010



Outside My Window:: 
Almost dark, but the snow is almost gone! Yay!
I am wearing ::

A Talbot's tee, jeans. 
I am Thankful For::
Days off; a good clinic report
I am Reading:
Loot: The Battle Over the Stolen Treasures of the Ancient World; The Kalahari Typing School for Men.
From the Kitchen::
A lot this week, starting with the Irish Soda bread I'm about to make.
I am Thinking:
That I have had an excellent long weekend. 
I am Creating::
Good food
On my iPod::
U2's All That You Can't Leave Behind
Towards Rhythm and Beauty:
I've done a good job (so far) incorporating some of my New Year's goals, like keeping my apartment clearer, saying the Liturgy of the Hours, etc. Now I want to step it up a notch.
To Live the Liturgy:
Liturgy of the Hours, in the first Ordinary Time book. Back to green vestments.
I am Hoping and Praying:
For Barb, a friend of mine who died over the weekend (she was a truly wonderful woman who was kind to everyone she met).
Around the House:
After bread making, vaccuming and doing some more clearing off of the kitchen table. That, it seems, will always be piled with stuff.
One of My Favorite Things:
Long weekends
A Few Plans for the Rest of the Week:
Wednesday and Thursday: Voice lessons both days, to prep for an audition next Monday. 
   A Picture Thought  I'm Sharing:
From the Chihuly Exhibit I attended yesterday
 

 

No comments: