Thursday, February 22, 2007

The times they are a-changin'

So to update:
--Had a talk w/ Kathy this afternoon, very good. Always is.
--Dr. A and Julie came in and talked about what to do next.My O2 sats are still pretty low (as I write this they're 94%), so he doesn't want to send me home w/ O2. I heartily agree! So it looks like I'll be here until at least Monday, because on Saturday Dr. W (my ENT) can come in and drain my sinuses, since the CT that was taken this morning showed they're a wee bit congested. That will help because nasty bugs like to incubate up there and if you don't flush them out every once in awhile they can drain down (like when you get a cold) and go into the lungs where they cause lots of problems. So we're dealing with that.
--There was supposedly fluid on the CXR, but when Mom and I went down to Ultrasound, the techs couldn't find any! So maybe no big scary needles. Huzzah! :)
--Dr. A also wants chest PT (I thought we were sooo done with this) 4x/day to help loosen up the secretions that are hanging out in my lungs. He also talked about me starting to use the Flutter Valve again. The Flutter is basically a device that looks like an overgrown playground whistle. Inside is a small cone which holds a metal ball. You blow into it and the ball sends vibrations down into your chest to loosen mucus. Now I've never really liked it because 1) I never got any results with it and 2) you really have to think when you use it, like what is the proper technique and all that. If you don't, it doesn't work. That's why I liked the Vest, because all you had to was strap in and turn in on. But I digress. I'm not sure if I will do the Flutter at home, or not. I suppose I'll find out when I'm discharged.

I am waiting on dinner (the food here really isn't bad!)and for my parents to come back from theirs (in the lovely cafeteia, oh the joy!). And two packages came for me today! One from Nordstrom and one from Crane's stationery, which has part of Branden's birthday gift. :) So at least there are some fun things going on with all this drama.

No comments: