Wednesday, February 14, 2007

A discovery

I like bubbles.

OK, so maybe that's not really a discovery, per se. At least not one worth posting about. But bubbles do figure into it.

One of the things that I have bemoaned about being accessed is the inability to shower/bathe properly. You have to wash your body, and then your hair, and the hair, as we know, is interesting. That usually takes up all the time (and the complaining/commentary).

But one thing I've noticed during this course is that, since I have to wash my body separately and cannot get my upper chest wet, I can use bubble bath. I have a ton of it, since I love it, and normally I never get to use it. I mean, who has time for a real bubble bath these days? On Saturday mornings I use all my scrubs and fun gels and everything, but I don't take a bubble bath since the bubbles will mess up my hair that I just spent five minutes deep-conditioning.

So the port has actually offered me the ability to use the yummy-smelling bubbles and take bubble baths. I've taken one every night and it is great. It gives me time to read, and just relax, since really all I have to do is just sit there.

Very odd what sort of blessings one will find when doing IV meds. Why did it take me so long to figure this out?

No comments: