Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Two steps forward...

and like 1 1/2 back...

So I go to clinic yesterday, feeling really, really tired, like the air is gone from the balloon, and I'd been having chest pain the night before. So sleeping was fun. Do the normal--blood, CXR, PFTs. PFTs actually dropped a little but the CXR OK. I am really frustrated because I didn't know what was going on. If the steroids are supposed to help then shouldn't they be helping ? Shouldn't I not feel like crap? Dr. A said this was normal, and I'll guess I'll have to take his word for it, but I don't like a normal where every day/ every few hours is decided by how I feel. That's not cool. Because I was still having pain we did a CT with contrast. DO NOT put contrast in a port! It doesn't work, it just gets really really puffy and sore! So I had to go to infusion and have them try to put a peripherial line in (God bless Valerie who got it to work), and it's 1:30 and I'm hungry because I can't eat anything until the stupid scan is done and I'm all winded from traipsing around CH with my stuff, so I am about ready to fall apart. GRRRRR. We finally get the scan and I went home, ate a burger, slept, ate cereal, watched 1 quarter of the OSU game, and went to bed at 9:45. Yes, 9:45. And guess what? Slept like crap, again. Cannot win. So no work today, but I did manage to find a patch of decent time to go grocery shopping and get jeans that fit, because I am (yay!) losing weight and my old jeans are just falling off me. It was totally time for some new ones. So that was a bright spot, at least.

Am feeling OK now and will hit the work desk tomorrow. Hopefully nothing else crazy will happen...

No comments: