Thursday, January 11, 2007

Back to work...

Gone to work two days in a row, woohoo! And haven't left early! These are good things. And since MLK Day is on Monday, I get an extra day off. Yay! My next Dr. A appt. is on Thursday, so we'll see what happens then...


Trying to ease back into the fitness routine. Have done two strength routines and some stretching, which may sound wimpy by stretching is really important for me. For one, I have, in the words of one of my PTs, the "tighest hamstrings [she'd] ever seen," so I stretch them regularly or they get really cranky. I also do a yoga routine to focus on them (as well as other parts of my body. I really like yoga and pilates. I'm probably a geek :-D). I also do hand stretches and strengthening exercises on my right hand, which had the skin graft post-tx. While the new skin is still growing I"m trying to keep up the range of motion, which is very important for the piano playing and just working in general. So far I'm doing pretty well, and I think part of my short of breathness is the fact that I'm just weak. It'll be a little hard to get back to where I was, but I 'm going to try. I definitely want to get a yoga workout in tonight. Going back to work has also helped, although it makes it harder to eat better because of all the temptations around.

On the BSL front, I'm doing carb counting now, which means that I should have to take less insulin, which should also help my weight. Some of the levels are still wacky but I'm pretty sure the vfend and other drugs may have something to do with that, too. We'll see what happens there...

No comments: