Monday, October 05, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook--October 5, 2009




Outside My Window ...
Another lovely fall day in central Ohio--a bit of a breeze, sunny, mid 60s. Perfect. 

***
I am listening to...
Loreena McKennit, "The Book of Secrets"

***
To Live the Liturgy...
Rosary, Magnificat, Bible reading, classes
***
To Fit and Happy...
Gym and ballet class. I feel so much better than I did last week, the gym will be happening. 
***
I am thankful for...
A few days to recover and get back on track.
***
I am pondering ...
***
From the kitchen ...
I'm on the "milkshake, ice cream and pasta" diet until Friday, thanks to my oral surgery last week. Not that Imind, because I get to eat the yummy flavors I linked to above (besides the chocolate, I have root beer and Red Hot Apple Cider Sorbet! Don't those just sound delicious?)
I am wearing ...
my string of pearls, a white camisole with lace trim, a lavender cardigan from J.Crew, and a wool boucle skirt (in a purple-ish weave) from Talbots. And brown tights. 
***
I am creating ...
My memoir. I gave it to my brother to read yesterday and he really likes it so far, so I am pushing onward.

***
On my iPod...
Voice lesson music

***
I am thinking...
that fall is my favorite season
***
Around the House
Cleaning the floors, but that's about it...

.***
I am reading ...
Just finished the new Isabel Dalhousie novel. Tremendous! 
***
I am hoping and praying ...
For friends who are undergoing chemo this week; for my body to keep cooperating. 
***
On Keeping Home ...
these candles look awesome. (keeping this link because they are awesome)
***
One of my favorite things ...
See ice cream link, above. :)

***
A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week:
Monday: Parish Council
W: Ballet
Th: Voice
Sat: Homecoming at Capital--my five year class reunion. Yikes!

***
If you like reading my daybook, you can find many more over at Peggy's!


1 comment:

The Man Crew said...

Thanks for sharing your daybook entry. Really enjoyed it...simple and to the point, but not dry or bland. The ice cream flavors sound DELISH...wanna come over and share?? Hope you feel better soon and can resume 'normal' eating patterns LOL! Enjoy your full and busy week!
Blessings,
Kristy