Monday, October 19, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook--October 19, 2009




Outside My Window ...

Sunny and the leaves are pretty close to peak color. They are fantastic!!!

***
I am listening to...
Loreena McKennit, "The Book of Secrets" (I'm ADDICTED, I tell you. Addicted.)

***
To Live the Liturgy...
Rosary, Magnificat, Bible reading, classes, and re-reading Rediscovering Catholicism for my Faith Sharing Group. I also got my Advent companion from Magnificat today. Can you believe in about a month, it will be the first week of Advent?!

***
To Fit and Happy...

Gym and ballet this week. If I achieve ONE day of gym, and ballet class, I will be happy.

***
I am thankful for...
beautiful fall days.
***

I am pondering ...
the rest of the day's schedule
***
From the kitchen ...

Made orzo pasta with saffron and shrimp last night, and had the leftovers for lunch. So probably just soup and sandwich for dinner. I'm sort of "eating down the kitchen" this week.

I am wearing ...
Brown tights, a heather khaki skirt from J. Jill, and a cashmere sweater from Talbots (in this fantastic color called "raven", it's a great blue. I want everything they have in this color, but I'm restraining myself.)

***
I am creating ...
The memoir; music (voice lesson practicing)

***
On my iPod...
The "random" Setting. :) (Or shuffle. Whatever)

***

I am thinking...
that it's shaping up to be a good week.

***
Around the House
More clearing of the kitchen table.

.***

I am reading ...
W.H. Auden's poems; The Amish Cook's Baking Book. (It is awesome. Believe me.)

***
I am hoping and praying ...
for friends who are undergoing cancer treatments.
***

On Keeping Home ...

these candles look awesome. (keeping this link because they are awesome)


***
One of my favorite things ...
baking


***
A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week:
Possibly Opera Columbus this weekend--they're doing Pagliacci. 
W: Ballet
Th: Voice


A picture thought I am sharing:

Jerome Bettis and Mario at the Steelers game yesterday. Two of my favorite sports people.

1 comment:

dtbrents said...

Amish cooking is fantastic. They do all things well. I'm not familiar with the Book Of Secrets. I will have to check it out. Doylene