Friday, May 08, 2009

Seven Quick Takes Friday--Vol. III




I. 
Today was Market Day! (at the North Market) 
Today's goodies can be seen below: 




Here, we have delectable fruits: apples, lemons and limes (atop onions)


And here, the all Ohio, all the time (except the strawberries)
L-R, top to bottom: Milk from a Southern Ohio farm; spinach and mesclun greens; strawberries and sugar snap peas, and radishes. 
The radishes and limes were supposed to be part of a radish-corn salad I was making tonight. There wasn't any corn at the market, but I thought, "Oh,I'll used canned corn at home." Come home--no corn! Argh! So spinach and strawberry salad with vinagrette instead. 

II. 
Sent in my application for my first two MA classes. Well, actually they're undergrad classes cross-listed to the MA program that I need to take, since Capital didn't offer classes called "Sacraments". (It's a ELCA school) So anyway, I am taking Biblical Study I and Sacraments. Sort of dreading the former, since I don't know what it will be about. I'm
hoping it's not an entire course on Numbers or something. 

III. 
Side note on the MA thing: Last weekend, as we were going to Pittsburgh, we drove by the exit that takes you to FUS. I looked up the hills and thought, "I hope I am driving back here soon, as a student." This was on Saturday--got the letter on Monday. 
That's good stuff.

IV. 
See the post below about all the books? Yeah. Read more of David Copperfield yesterday. Brick by brick....I'm trying to read as much as I can before I get all my school books. (I LOVE that idea. School books! Studying! Woohoo!--No I am NOT kidding)

V. 
Pray for friend of a friend--in giving birth to her fifth child, she (the friend's friend) died, leaving her husband and the five children. They have no family nearby. 

VI. 
On a happier note...
Last night we got a break from the rain, and I sat out on my deck, watched the sun set, did a few stretches and read Copperfield. It was a beautiful night. My backyard is home to lots of critters--deer, rabbits, cardinals, blue jays, robins, squirrels, even a groundhog! I love watching them. 

VII. 
Going to my parents' tonight to watch Game 4 of the Pens-Caps series. I want a win!!!

More Quick Takes Over at Conversion Diary


No comments: