Sunday, August 09, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook--August 9, 2009




(doing a day early so I don't forget! And I'm using Elizabeth's prompts, because they are awesome)

Outside My Window ...

The sun is starting to set, the trees are green and happy, and it has been a lovely (but hot!) day.

***
I am listening to...
Silence, and birds singing outside.

***

To Live the Liturgy...

Big week!

St. Lawrence: August 10

St. Clare: august 11 (foundress of the Poor Claires)

Maximilian Kolbe: August 14

And the Solemnity of the Assumption: August 15

So with all these, I'm going to go to a lot of Noon Masses this week!
***
To Fit and Happy...

The Dash for Donation is on Saturday, and I'm doing the 5K. Will I see you there?

***
I am thankful for...
quiet Sundays spent in prayer.
~
***

I am pondering ...

How to more successfully incorporate prayer into my daily life.
***
From the kitchen ...
This week:
M: Israeli Spice Chicken and tomato salad
T: A Russian Passport: Potatoes and Onions; red radish salad (I do love radishes)
W: pasta w/ lemon oil and red onions
Th: Honey mustard BBQ chicken; Butter Bean Salad; Corn on the Cob with chili and lime (AKA, "Di's Dinner", that
she made one night whilst I was visiting. So good.)

I am wearing ...

Jeans, a blue Gap tank top

***
I am creating ...
A daily program of prayer

***
On my iPod...
lots of Josh Groban right now, and my gym playlist.

***
I am thinking...
It will be a good week. It will be a good week!
***

Around the House

SERIOUS cleaning last night with the parents'. Lots of stuff tossed, the carpets were very well vacuumed, and things look very nice. I SHALL KEEP IT THIS WAY!

.***

I am reading ...

Lots of things. :) But will be attempting to make progress on the every-growing "To Read" pile. And will finish my re-read of The Time Traverler's Wife before I go see the movie this weekend.


***
I am hoping and praying ...
For lots of people! Sarah; Josh R.; Stephen, my bf Liz's brother who is in the military and has been sent to Iraq.
***
On Keeping Home ...

these candles look awesome. Thanks for the link, Liz!

Hanging up my clothes right after I wear them makes life easier. I should remember that.

***
One of my favorite things ...
A quiet Sunday; peach iced tea.

***
A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week:

Lots of gym. Lots of noon Mass. So that means Mass during lunch break and gym at night.

Still studying for Sacraments midterm. Have to find a proctor for that ASAP.

Theater auditions for Wizard of Oz (Columbus Children's Theater) tomorrow and Tuesday. We'll see how it goes.

Dash on Saturday morning!

***

Picture thought




The sunflowers outside the barn at Shepherd's Corner, where we had our parish council retreat.

Be sure to visit Peggy for more daybooks!


No comments: