Monday, August 25, 2008

GREAT!

Today was my three year clinic exam, which means the whole shebang of tests:

--Vitamin levels, in addition to regular blood draw;
--Chest X-rays;
--CT scan of chest;
--Annual bone density scan;
--VQ scan (which involves breathing and injecting radioactive material into me so they can see how that stuff is diffused in my lungs and chest--very fun);
--annual social work assessment;
--annual dietician assessment, and
--the PFTs

Good stuff all around...
I lost 5 pounds from the beginning of the month! Woohoo!
My PFTs were at 64%. I don't think I've ever blown that high post-tx and if I have, it was a long time ago, as Dr. A commented when he saw the results. So yay!
And I got to see all the lovely CF team people, including Dr. M, whom I haven't seen in quite a while. I showed them the J&H pics and generally caught up. It was great.

So it was a super-good, if very long, day. ..

No comments: