Wednesday, September 12, 2007

More diaries

April 14, 2005

Stayed home today--joints complaining. Ugh.

April 28, 2005

...Sinus thing rescheduled as an actual surgery for next Thursday, which means I"ll probably spend the night as a result. oh the joy. But it's good drugs! Got to look at the bright side, at least...

May 3, 2005

MRI yesterday...oh the joy of 65 minutes in a tube! I ran though the ENTIRE first act of Phantom while in there! Argh! I wish I was a little kid so they'd sedate me!

May 12, 2005

Well it has happened. I am--OFFICIALLY!--on the list. In fact, I am the first in Ohio (well, at least for AB+ blood). So it begins. The marketing crew came and interviewed me today, which was a lot of fun, and they took some pictures. They even want to come to my house and do some video, too. I'm not really sure how I feel--ready, anxious...surreal...like it's not really happening. I told Tiff and Branden--Branden says, "so, should I say congratulations?" I don't know! I don't what WHAT I should be doing. Work tomorrow will be interesting!
It's so weird...I really don't know what to feel. It's quite bizarre, like this isn't really happening to me. But it is...it really is...

May 15, 2005

The waiting has been almost preternaturally calm--I hardly worry about it. And yet I am always conscious that the call could come at any time, any place.
Troy was so sweet when he found out I had been listed...I'm going to start writing letters to everyone soon, just in case. I want to have things taken care of.

May 24, 2005

Should I put the count on hold while the insurance battle rages? Karen said that United (OK, more accurately, the State [probably]) is balking at paying for the actual operation and such. They'll cover the after stuff, but not the actual thing itself. So I'm on "hold" while they discuss, but K. said they might reactivate me, since it will be paid for, somehow. So I don't know. I'll keep counting.

No comments: