Monday, March 29, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook--March 29, 2010

Outside my window:
Wee bit cloudy. The daffodils are up in their glory and the tulips are appearing!

I am wearing: 
gray pants, Talbots' top

I am thankful for:
my siblings

I am reading: 

From the kitchen:
Pasta from Jamie's Food Revolution tonight. The stew last night was great!!!

I am thinking:
That I hope my mom is doing OK. (see the prayers section...)

I am creating:
I'm moving ahead well on the novel.

On my iPod:
"Woman" and other voice stuff

Toward rhythm and beauty: 
Since it's Holy Week, that equals--big cleaning.

To Live the Liturgy: 
Daily Mass, hopefully some Holy Week adoration and Vespers. Then Holy Thursday Mass, Good Friday 7 last words and MOPS (Mass of the Pre-Sanctified--I LOVE that phrase), and then.....Easter!

I am hoping and praying:
for my grandfather. He's being moved into hospice today/tomorrow, and my mom is up in Pittsburgh with her siblings and her mom making this stuff happen. Dad and I are down here trying to get the troops ready for any sort of funeral things we have to do. 
My grandfather is a truly wonderful person. He has lived a wonderful, rich life. He has eight children, 25 grandchildren, and four great-grandchildren! He has perfect pitch, does crossword puzzles and sudoku and used to carry tic tacs in his pocket. He hates dogs. He sings in the church choir and has his own music company! He is a great and holy man.

Around the House:
The vaccuming, dishes, dusting. Stuff like that.

One of my favorite things:
Spring; Holy Week

A few plans for the week:
T: Mass, Vespers
W: Voice
Th: Thyroid ultrasound and blood work; Holy Thursday Mass
Friday: Good Friday


No comments: