Friday, March 19, 2010

Seven Quick Takes Friday--Vol. XIX

(we'll see how long I can keep up those roman numerals...)



I.
The Madness has begun! Do you have a bracket? At this moment, the Panthers (my favorite college team) are playing Oakland in Milwaukee, and winning right before the half. Let's hope this remains true. They were scaring me a bit in the beginning. 

II. 
Spring, spring, spring! Are you happy? I am!

III.
Things that make me not happy--this health care debate. I've got a post on it over at CPG.
Nothing this big has ever been passed in single-party fashion. Nothing. That makes me very, very nervous. 

IV.
Voice yesterday was great; Robin was very pleased. And when the teacher is pleased, I am pleased. I'm working on "Woman" from The Pirate Queen, "Live Out Loud" from A Little Princess, "Where Is Love?" from Oliver! and an Italian arietta. All of them are fantastic pieces. 

V.
What I'm reading: FinishedThe Scarlet and the Black: The True Story of Monsignor Hugh O Flaherty, Hero of the Vatican Undergroundand Song for Nagasaki. Both very good, S&B better than SFN. Also both WWII books. So I guess I'm on a kick there. Especially since I read Anne Frank: The Book, The Life, The Afterlife earlier this week. Definite trend. The Anne Frank book was good, but really only if you're familiar with the diary editions, the plays, and the movies. Otherwise it can be too nit-picky and specialized. 

VI. 
St. Patrick's Day at St. Pat's was awesome! Read about it here.

VII. 
Don't have a seven. So it's a six. :) Enjoy the weekend!

Head over to Jen's for more quick takes!

No comments: