Friday, July 10, 2009

Seven Quick Takes Friday--Vol. VII


I.
It's been a pretty slow blogging week, but I have been busy reading, packing and going to the gym. The gym is getting better--I actually enjoy going. How weird is that?

II.
My four year anniversary is tomorrow. For links to the other anniversaries, see sidebar. I will, of course, have more on this tomorrow.

III.
At the actual time of my call (around 9:00 pm EST), I may not actually be here (as in, my apartment, near Widget the MacBook). I may still be on my first date with a new guy.

IV.
Do men ever realize how much work the first date entails? Right now I am filling up my bathtub in order to have very clean hair, very clean and smooth skin, and a facial-ed face. I probably will not paint my nails, but I will file and buff them so they at least look presentable, and not the normal wreck they are. And that's just the prelims! Then there's clothes--what the heck do I wear?--, jewelry (if any), and then make-up application, which must be perfect. Then you have the perfume question--perfume? Eau de toilette? Bath and Body Works body splash? It's 90 degrees here. Probably thinking body splash.

V.
We're going to dinner. So then there's the "what do I drink? Will Diet Coke make me look like a kid? Do I order wine? What if he orders wine? Who pays for the meal?"

VI.
Arranged marriages are looking pretty good right now. Not scary arranged marriages, but arranged marriages like in Sleeping Beauty.

VII.
So that's my night. Preparing for a date, the date, and then the post-date.

Have a good weekend, y'all.

1 comment:

Jane said...

I hope you have a FABULOUS time!

Order water as well as a tanq and tonic!

Let me know how it goes ... I'm absolutely TERRIFIED to be reentering the dating world!