Sunday, June 21, 2009

Summer reading Vol. II

No reviews, just books I've read (and stars if I really liked it). Most of these are re-reads.
  • The Rosary, by Karen Edmisten ****
  • The Rebecca Series from American Girl (yes, I still read kids' books. Deal with it.) ****
  • The Right Attitude to Rain, by Alexander McCall Smith (One of my favorites, ever)****, and two others from the series--The Careful Use of Compliments and The Comforts of a Muddy Saturday
  • A Father Who Keeps His Promises, by Scott Hahn. So useful for Biblical Studies! ****
  • Midwives, by Chris Bohjalian ****
  • Sense and Sensibility, Jane (who does not NEED stars because we know of her greatness)
  • The Red Tent by Anita Diamant (GREAT book)
  • The Phantom of the Opera, by Gaston Leroux. It's my favorite musical ever, but I have never read the novel. Gotta say, I like the show better. (What a shock, eh?)

No comments: