Thursday, June 25, 2009

Gym thoughts

So. I have been doing the gym thing for almost a month now. I have belonged to lifetime for almost three weeks!
While I haven't really seen any significant weight loss (darn it), I am definitely seeing changes in my shape. My clothes fit better, my waist is better defined, and the weight machines are definitely helping my arms and legs.
Working out is also getting easier. I mix up the recumbent bike and the treadmill (sat. is always bike day, because I know I can get one), and on Tuesday I went almost 2 miles! I have never gone almost 2 miles on the treadmill. I've done a 5K, so I know I CAN go that far, (and father, actually) but I usually stop at a mile or 1.2. Not Tuesday. I rocked it out, and there was incline. (OK, yes, 0.5 incline, but still, incline!) I was really proud. I usually watch "Law and Order" or "Bones" (my new favorite TV show. I laugh out loud when I watch and I'm sure people think I'm nuts.), and those both help pass the time.
So while the weight is about the same, I am going, usually about 4 days a week (haven't made 5 yet), for 30 minutes (at least) of cardio, and then a weight machine circuit. I also took a yoga class last week that kicked my butt. Will have to go back.

2 comments:

MrsKruse said...

Woohoo! I'd take body changes over weight any day! I'm to the point that I don't mind the number on the scale but I don't like how my body looks. So maybe I'm weird?

Emily said...

Well then we can be weird together, because that's how I feel. If I can get my clothes to fit better, or even take a smaller size because I'm more toned, I'll take that.