Saturday, December 20, 2008

updates!

Yes, I know, I've been awful about writing lately. But with the last week of the General Assembly upon us, the most I wanted to do when I got home was mainline some food and go to bed!
So, with Christmas less than a week away, here's what's what:

--still no word on new job. Going slightly mad. That's another reason for not writing, because the posts would've all sounded like whining. I didn't think that was readable.

--Choir rehearsals are long and quite productive. Our last one before Midnight Mass is on Monday night. We have a really good group this year and I think we're going to be splendid.

--The St. Francis project--go over to CPG for updates on that. (Which will be up later today) For those who don't know: The "St. Francis Project" is me studying the life of St. Francis, as he is my patron saint for this year. (see pic on side bar) I may end up having a Google doc, like I have with the Jane project. Stay tuned.

--New books: So many, it's not even funny. A real bookshelf will be up for those I really liked. A quick list:
  • The Godmother
  • Getting Rid of Matthew
  • A Great and Terrible Beauty and Rebel Angels (part of a series--phenomenal)
  • Truth and Tolerance--I finally finished it!!!!!
  • The Gift (Richard Paul Evans, re-read)
  • The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society (My Aunt Mary sent this to me. It is a fantastic book, on several Top 10 lists. READ IT)
  • G.K. Chesterton, St. Francis of Assisi (this is part of the St. Francis Project)
--theater: Parade auditions tomorrow, which I'll probably do as a lark. :) 

--Movies! Dark Knight on DVD, and Christmas specials: A Charlie Brown Christmas, It's Christmastime Again, Charlie Brown and 'Twas The Night Before Christmas. 

--music: Josh Groban's Noel in the CD player


No comments: