Monday, December 08, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook--December 8



For MONDAY, December 8, 2008

Outside my window...
The sky is a very, very pale blue, with scattered wisps of clouds. There are still a few stubborn hanger-on leaves. 

I am thinking...
about grad school, job options, and Mass tonight. 

I am thankful for...
good books

From the kitchen...
Chicken caesar wraps, Tastefully Simple bread and chocolate cake (made yesterday)

To live the liturgy...
Magnificat, daily Bible reading, Advent devotionals, rosary, and Mass for the Feast of the Immaculate Conception tonight.  

I am wearing...
brown and black checked pants; a pumpkin-colored sweater; a brown flower necklace with an amber insert, on a leather chain

I am creating...
the last of my Christmas cards

I am going to breathe deeply ...
and prep for Mass and rehearsal

Bringing beauty to my home ...
Everything is clean--except the kitchen table!

I am going...
to hope for good things!

I am reading...
Truth and Tolerance (B XVI)---ALMOST DONE!, Bleak House (Dickens, which is really good, even if it is like 900 pages long!). Yeah, OK, no change here. But what I read this weekend: The Tales of Beedle the Bard; The Sex Lives of Cannibals; My Life With the Saints; Lead, Kindly Light

I am hoping...
for acceptance to Grad school and a new job!

I am hearing...
My Church Choir Christmas CD

Around the house...
cleaning off the table. 

One of my favorite things...
Christmas time!!!! Christmas movies! Christmas cards!

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week:
Tonight: Mass, women's rehearsal for choir
Tuesday: Dark Knight! Tiff over. 
Wednesday: Choir
Thursday: Happy Hour w/ work folks, lunch w/ Dad

Here is a picture thought I am sharing: 


One of my favorite ornaments; the Peanuts gang, directed by Snoopy, playing "Hark! The Herald Angels Sing" on their bells. 

No comments: