Thursday, September 18, 2008

Speech recap

So, I gave my first speech for LOOP last night in an educational setting; I had done one before for their Candlelight Vigil in April. This was a bit easier because it was less formal. I didn't have any note cards--totally off the cuff, but since I was talking about myself, it's not as impressive as it sounds (if it sounds impressive at all).

There were about 20 people there (but there was food for 40!). I think it was a bible study or fellowship group. Lauren, from LOOP, did most of the talking--about how donation works, what can be donated, who can donate, etc. I was the "human interest" angle. I made the group laugh a few times, which is always my goal, and I answered a few questions. The whole thing lasted about 40 minutes. The group was very good, mostly people from 40-60ish, and they asked a lot of questions.

I had a lot of fun doing it and I hope I get to do it again. Spreading the word is so important. So, if you're not an organ donor, click here.

No comments: