Monday, September 29, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook


(with some editions from Elizabeth)


FOR MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 29, 2008

Outside My Window...
The sky is clear with a few wispy clouds. The trees rustle with the soft breeze, and the leaves are green, bright red and dark auburn. 

I am thinking...
that I am ready to get the house in order. 

I am thankful for...
my family. 

From the kitchen...
Chicken breast with burbon bayou glaze (Tastefully Simple), sweet corn, and possible dessert making!

To live the liturgy...
Reading my Bible and saying my rosary, which today is in honor of my cousin Diane's first wedding anniversary (and her soon-to-be-born baby!). 

I am wearing...
gray trousers, a pumpkin colored scoop neck sweater, black socks, a silver heart pendant that I got for Christmas last year. 

I am creating...
my music, which I will be practicing while dinner cooks.  

I am going to breathe deeply ...
and enjoy today. 

Bringing beauty to my home ...
Vacuuming, cleaning, and putting things to rights.  

I am going...
to the grocery store. 

I am reading...
The Common Reader (Virginia Woolf); Truth and Tolerance (B XVI); The Kreutzer Sonata and Other Stories (Tolstoy), Mostly True (Molly O'Neill)

I am hoping...
for all good things. 

I am hearing...
"Uninvited", by Alanis Morrisette (at least I was in my car).

Around the house...
Vacuuming!

One of my favorite things...
My digital camera, because I can capture people with it. 

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week:
Wednesday: Choir rehearsal
Thursday: Karen and Steve's 3 year wedding anniversary!
Friday: Something with Tiff

Here is picture thought I am sharing...

OK, picture thought not working, but go down a few posts and you'll see a picture from my cousin's wedding in Rochester!

No comments: