Friday, April 23, 2010

Seven Quick Takes Friday--Vol. XXI


I. 
This edition of 7QT brought to you by Caribou Coffee wi-fi. :) (mmm Northern Lite Latte!)

II. 
It has been a slooow week. I don't mean it's gone slow, I mean I've felt slow, like I'm moving through syrup. I think the ridiculously high pollen count might have something to do with that, even though I'm not technically allergic to anything. Claritin has been my friend this week. 

III. 
No blogging this weekend--I'm going here for a silent retreat. (You may remember I've done one before.) The weather is looking sort of blah, which is too bad, because the grounds are beautiful, but I"m sure it will be a fruitful weekend nonetheless. 

IV. 
I really do like the silence. If you know me, you may find this hard to believe. But it's so wonderful to take a break from computers, phones, television--noise in general--and attempt to listen to that still small voice.

V. 
Books of 2010: No Time To Wave Goodbye (really good), A Thousand Tomorrows (very, very bad). Mother Angelica's advice book, and her book on the scriptures. Also reading Deep Conversion/Deep Prayer, The Eternal Woman (bringing this on retreat) and The King's Good Servant.

VI. 

Great music stuff this week. I'm singing "Wouldn't It Be Loverly?" and "Stranger to the Rain" at an open mic event next week. And I joined St. Pat's choir! First up--singing for Confirmation on Sunday. 

VII. 
A housekeeping note: I do update the tabs on the top of the page, from time to time, so check it out! My vocal repertoire (under 'theater') gets the most updates, but I've also added video and stories about my transplant to the transplant tag.



No comments: