Saturday, April 17, 2010

Belated Birthday Party

I usually celebrate my birthday with my friends the week after my actual birthday, since sometimes my birthday is during Easter or Holy Week, and there's just no time. Normally we go out to eat and then come back to my place for cake and The Birthday Game (sort of like Cranium, but incorporates questions about the Birthday Person). 
This year, we're mixing it up. My friend Aaron  (the food guru who introduced me to Mezzo) suggested we have a pizza party, where we make our own pizzas.
I thought this was a very good idea. So that's what we're doing. Everyone's coming to my place and we shall make pizza.
I'm also making:
  • the Ever Wonderful Guinness Cake,
  • Barefoot Contessa's Herbal Iced Tea, which uses Celestial Seasonings tea bags and apple juice,
  • Tennis Team Salsa (recipe to follow)
  • and this pizza.
Currently the cake is in the oven and water is heating for the tea. The salsa I make right before I serve it, so that can wait. I am cleaning while things bake/cool/chill out.
Pictures and recipes to come...

No comments: