Friday, November 13, 2009

Seven Quick Takes Friday Vol. XVII



I.
It's audition time again; this time for The Music Man. Singing "Storybook", per usual. Auditions are tomorrow at 5:00. Not sure how long I'll be there, but we have to be prepared to dance,  which always strikes fear into my heart.

II.
On Sunday I'm doing a LOOP talk with a friend of my family's, whose infant son was an organ donor (He was part of a domino transplant at Children's). The talk is at her church at 9:00, so a bit early for me. But it's for a good cause. Sunday is also the CFF's bowl-a-thon around here.

III.
Voice lessons going very well. I'm working on so many pieces right now, plus I'm singing in a production of "Messiah", which is in late December. It's just the Christmas section, and I've sung 95% of the choruses before. Vocally, I'm in good shape here.

IV.
My grandpa came home from the hospital yesterday--yay!

V.
I'm also preparing for summer auditions (yes, already). Today I received the 1994 cast recording of Oliver! plus the 1968 movie. I would love to sing Nancy, so I want to prepare really well for this audition. I'm working on "As Long As He Needs Me" in voice, so I should have that ready by May.

VI.
Books: I'm on a Thomas More kick. I read "A Daughter's Love" last week and now I have "The King's Good Servant, but God's First", which came with the Oliver! stuff today (oh Amazon, how I love thee).

VII.
It is almost 70 degrees here. In mid-November. I'll take that.

No comments: