Thursday, April 10, 2008

The Best Birthday

Yesterday was my 26th birthday, and it was the best birthday ever!

First of all, it was a beautiful day. If you know anything about Central Ohio in April, you know that early April, especially, is not known for beautiful days. In fact, most of my birthdays have been pretty gross (I was born during a blizzard, apparently). And if the weather's OK, then it's usually Good Friday or something, so I'm in church.Not that I don't love church, but when your birthday's on Good Friday, it sort of puts a downer on the whole day, you know?

So, it was a lovely day. I had lunch with one of my old friends, which was highly enjoyable, as we got to eat sitting on the High St. steps of the Statehouse, eating put food in the sun and enjoying the great day. sadly, I had session at 1:30 so we had to cut it short.

Then, the best part--Avenue Q with Cindy. It is, bar none, the funniest thing I have seen in my life. I laughed so hard, and I totally want to be Kate Monster (a 25 year old kindergarten teaching assistant who has a crush on Princeton, a 22 year old recent college graduate with "A B.A. in English."). I had so much fun at the show, and, during "The Money Song", Princeton came up to my seat and I got to check him out up close and personal. Cute guy, for someone with orange skin! (Yes, they are puppets.) After the show, I got to purchase one of my favorite things--an autographed show card!! I have a collection of them framed on my wall, which I have been collecting since I was in high school. Now Avenue Q can join the illustrious company of Phantom, Beauty and the Beast, the Lion King and Miss Saigon (I am still in the hunt for a Wicked one). Our seats, in the Palace Theater's mezz, were wonderful (thanks to ticket guru Dad!). This has become my second favorite show and "I can't wait to" see it again!

Of course, I have to thank my donor's family, because without their generosity, I never would have had such a great day. And I was so grateful for it...

No comments: