Saturday, May 26, 2007

Voodoo time

No, not really, don't panic.
One of the things I forgot to mention about the surgery was that Dr. W used tiny needles to indicate the placement of my facial nerves, so he wouldn't get too close and nick them during surgery (or, heaven forbid, do worse). I was like a little voodoo doll--I noticed I have a very very tiny mark on my forehead from where one must have been.
Sleeping is still sort of a weird thing; I sleep in spurts and then want to get up at like 5 a.m. This is very weird for me (but I don't have to tell you that). The sutures seem to be doing OK. Overall it feels like someone put a dollar coin in my head right b ehind my left earlobe. It's weird to tuck hair behind it. But I am lucky that I have hair to cover it. The shaved area isn't all that big but I can deal with the purple-ish bruise a little better.

No comments: