Sunday, May 20, 2007

Countdown: 2 days

Well only two more days until the C.I. surgery...oh the joy! Like I said I'm not so much excited as I just want to get it over with, you know? Being able to hear even slightly better will be a big boost to me and will certainly make everyone around me happy. (Or happier)

We go to Riverside on W morning, the time is TBD. Last time I believe the surgery was set for 9:00 so that meant we had to be there at like 7. Not that I'll mind because I'll get to sleep plenty. I will be staying over night so there won't be any blog activity from Wednesday to Thursday for sure. Potential re-blogging to start on Friday. I will be at home during the recovery so I will have wireless, which may mean more posting once I'm up to it. :)

The surgery can take anywhere for 1 1/2 to 5 hours, although we're only doing one ear (my left) so it shouldn't take five hours. You can do a heart transplant in 5 hours, come on! I have no idea what it's going to really look like, post, so I'm sure that'll be a fun discovery. It's very odd to consider having things done to my head, you know?

I have some new books, of course: Jesus of Nazareth, Reason to Believe, The Grapes of Wrath, The Painted Veil. So I will be entertained, at least. And the Jane Austen project continues apace; I finished the Cambridge Guide and am working on The World of Her Novels, which is fantastic. Loved it.

No comments: