Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook--February 23, 2010


Outside My Window::
38 degrees, sort of sunny, the snow is melting! I can see my porch again!

I am wearing ::
jeans, a lavender t-shirt

I am Thankful For::
A fruitful Lent, thus far

I am Reading:
Just finished In This House of Brede (again), and am reading Master and Margarita (it's so good, so far!)

From the Kitchen::
Not sure. Made chicken curry last night, so might be a sandwich night around here.

I am Thinking:
how glad I am that the snow is going away!

I am Creating::
a short story. It's almost finished!

On my iPod::
My gym soundtrack

Towards Rhythm and Beauty:
Still keeping the gym log. The food log is a LOT harder!

To Live the Liturgy:
Lent at St. Pat's is beautiful and solemn. Today is the Feast of St. Polycarp. I went to Mass and heard Fr. Blau give a great sermon on the meaning of the Our Father and meaningful repetition vrs. just repetition. So great.

I am Hoping and Praying:
For some friends who are making big decisions. 

Around the House:
Always--the kitchen table. Vacuuming. (Are you surprised?) a little bathroom cleaning, too.

One of My Favorite Things:
Daily Mass

A Few Plans for the Rest of the Week:
Th: Voice lesson

 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I had to read Master and Margarita in college - I really liked it!