Friday, September 25, 2009

Seven Quick Takes Friday--Vol. XIII (Early Bird edition)

You're probably looking at this thinking, "whoa, it's really early for her!" And you would be right.

Last night I couldn't sleep. I went to bed around 9:30 and got up at 2:00 a.m., wide awake. I've decided not to fight this, so I got up and wrote a few more pages in my memoir, "A few=twenty. Go me! After writing, I still wasn't tired, so I decided to clean. Yes, you read that right. I cleaned my mirrors, dusted pictures and bookshelves, ran a load of dishes in the dishwasher, cleaned out my closet, put shoes away, and put books back in their correct bookshelf places. This took me until about 5:00, at which time I decided, "hey, let's try sleep again!" Got up about 18 minutes ago.

So, my Friday is off to a roaring start, which is good, given that this week I've been fairly catatonic. Throat bugging me, nose bugging me, chest bugging me. Hopefully my body has gotten the memo to quit it. 

Looking forward to a weekend of nothing. I like weekends of nothing. Parish picnic and Faith Sharing group on Sunday, but that's not something difficult, that's something fun!

Some book takes: Cookbooks this week--The Amish Cook at Home, which I am continuing to love, and Relaxed Cooking With Curtis Stone. Some of these recipes look really delish, so I can't wait to try them.


MEdical stuff: Next week is busy! Dr. A appointment on Monday, and then oral surgery on Friday to repair the gums on my lower teeth. Apparently all my aerosol treatments and stuff like that makes the plaque on my teeth really hard to remove, which has lead to gum erosion over the years. So now I"m getting this fixed. Surgery on Friday, recovery at parents' over weekend. There may or may not be blogging.  In addition to all this, there is the Saga of the Port. Apparently, Children's decided to get rid of the old system (Huber needles) and go for a new system, which removes the needle entirely once you are accessed. The only problem with this is you can't wiggle the needle around to get the access to take. With my port (it's a "floater"), you have to jiggle it. It's the only way it works.
So last Saturday a home care nurse came out to show us the new thing. We tried to access it three times. No go. My mom used the old needle after the nurse left, and we got it. The port site is now a lovely shade of bruised flesh, so I'm hoping the infusion gals can get it on Monday. If not, it could be a long day.

And friend Val is a grandma! Her daughter, Sara, gave birth to a daughter this week.

Have a great weekend, y'all!

1 comment:

MrsKruse said...

I feel for you and your teeth/gums. Just two years of aerosol treatments for my asthma and I'm already having troubles. I had to have half my mouth scaled on Wednesday...the other half in a few weeks. Ick.