Thursday, May 28, 2009

The time has come

to get serious. 
Really, really serious. 
See, I made a deal with god today. (No, not that one. Dr. god. Hence the lowercase 'g')
It was my three-month check in with them--they have a special post-tx CF clinic for all of us. The last time I went was the same day as Parade's final tech rehearsal. (That was a long day
Anyway, today it was just me and god. We did the normal things--the rundown of the meds, checking to see if there were any complaints, basic exam, etc. Nothing too important. 
Then we had a Chat (and made a deal). 
See, before transplant, I weighed like nothing. (Check the photos in the May 06 archive if you don't believe me). Really, we're talking nothing. I couldn't wear size 0 clothes. It was bad. 
Now...let's just say we don't have that problem. 
Before t/x, exercise was supposed to happen, but, as things got worse, just existing was hard, so no exercise. And the exercise gene, in general, skipped me. My brother ran Boston in 2 hours in 54 minutes. Me? No. Running is a four-letter word to me. As Mia says in The Princess Diaries, "I'm a yoga girl." 
Well...now I have to be more than a yoga girl, apparently. As you know from some previous posts, I have been trying to work on this. Now I have to work harder. 
God wants exercise 5 days a week, at least 30 minutes at a time. 
My initial reaction? Four letter words. That I didn't say. 
Now I basically listen to everything she tells me to do, because she's god. But I really am not an exercise girl. I'm just...NOT. 
But I have agreed to become one. I see Dr. A in the t/x clinic on June 23, and I imagine Dr. god would take a peek at my chart on that date. So. 
We're going to make it happen. I think. Well, OK, it has to happen. I made a promise. 
  • So--BalletMet summer session starts early in June. I can do that. 
  • I have new workout shorts on the way (I didn't have any that weren't like a size -1), so I can work out in the incredibly hot apartment clubhouse gym and not die. 
  • I am downloading the rest of my CDs onto my iPod, so I will have a gym-worthy playlist. 
Accountability can be here, via the blog. 
Hope y'all are ready for some fun reading. At least all you have to do is read it!

2 comments:

MrsKruse said...

Can you take a more active style yoga class? That will get you the cardio you want without running around on a treadmill.

I've lost weight doing yoga, albeit slowly. I'm losing about 1-2 lbs/month. It's small, but I'm not putting in a ton of time either (1 hour once a week plus 15-20 minutes a few times a week).

Jane said...

Blah. I hate working out. With a passion. But I quit working out in February, and I've gained 15 (insert any four letter word here) pounds since. I started again last Sunday. I gotta get my butt back into shape for

1. Bachlorette party in Vegas in 2.5 weeks
2. Ten year reunion
3. RLA's return in September

I really hope that you can work out and inspire me to work out as well!