Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Biopsys abound...

OK, yes it's been a long time since I've updated, but I've been out of commission, due to tx related stuff...all the better to write about here!

Last Wednesday I had my (very, very belated) one year bronch, which was fun, per usual. But this time it was not quite as much fun. There was a lot of bleeding (well, more than usual) and I went into quite a coughing jag, which caused two blood vessels in my eyes to pop, so now I have blood-streaked eyes around the irises, which looks odd, yet seasonally-appropriate (i.e., Halloweeny). So they had to sedate me more than usual, which meant that I slept until 3:00 in the post-op area! (and the bronch began at 9:15!) Dr. A also found a small polyp in the upper right quadrant (up near the shoulder) that he wanted to get a better look at and possibly biopsy.

Well today I had the CT with Contrast; very lovely, because we cannot use the port, so they had to start a peripheral IV, which is next to imposssible with my small, crooked, incredibly scarred and abused veins which had already been scarred and abused by the outpatient lab that morning. So the pickings were even slimmer than usual! But we eventually got one in and got the scan done. After examining it, Dr. A decided he wants to do a biopsy of the little sucker on Friday. Yes, this Friday. The Friday I was supposed to go to D.C. to see David. But noooo. So I will be here, in who knows what condition, over the weekend. That is a bummer.

I'm not too worried about the thing, because Dr. A said this can happen and is probably normal. But still, it's more stuff to do. I should be used to it by now, though, shouldn't I? One would think...

No comments: