Sunday, March 30, 2008

Quick updates

OK so I thought I had the computer glitch fixed, and then when I went to write the massive book post, not so much!
So here are some quick notes:

Books I've read lately (with star ratings):

--Anita Diamant, The Red Tent: ****
--Jacquelyn Mitchard, The Breakdown Lane: ****
--Tracy Cheavlier, Burning Bright: ***

Reading now:

--Portrait of a Lady
--Notre-Dame de Paris

Watching:
--Michael Clayton: ****
--Enchanted! Whoohoo! ****
--The Tudors: Season 1: Awesome possum--**** so far. OK, yes, there are mucho historical liberties, but it is so much fun to watch, with excellent acting.
--Disney: Snow White, The Hunchback of Notre Dame

Jane stuff: Sense and Sensibility starts tonight on PBS--USA Today gave it four stars. Go watch it!

Easter was wonderful--great music, great time with family. Pics up soon, if the computer cooperates!

Today I sang at a LOOP Donor Family Recognition event. It was the first time I had ever sung and accompanied myself (via piano) so I was a little nervous. I sang Sarah McLachlan's "I Will Remember You", which went over well, and, Thank God, it was a simple arrangement. Again, if I get pics, I'll put them up (obviously I didn't take them when I was singing!)

Oh, and just a minor thing--Tricia may have lungs! Ha ha! YAY!

No comments: