Sunday, November 04, 2007

Yeah I'm here....

Sorry I've been AWOL lately...a lot going on. I've been working on the novel so go here to see what's going on in that department.

Dr. A visit on M--all is well. Numbers are all good, so I don't have to go back until after Thanksgiving, huzzah! I also saw Dr. Hardin, my endocrinologist, and we're messing with my insulin doses a bit, so that's a work in progress. Always is. Oh well. The diet thing can be hard to follow--healthy things, like fruit, or the 100% juice stuff I like, are often high in carbs. But then unhealthy stuff is not. So what am I supposed to do here? No idea.

Been doing a lot of reading, including the "Big Stone Gap" book series, which are phenomenal (Catholic Italian woman living in the mountains of Virginia, with musicals! And Italian recipes!). There are four books in the series, and they are all worth reading. I am trying the pasta recipe from "Return to Big Stone Gap" for lunch today, and if it's good I'll post it. Mmmm. Pasta. (And since it's about 50 degrees here, a nice pasta sounds really good.)
I also bought Edith Wharton's "Summer" so I'll start that today, too, before the Pats/Colts game (which, really, is ideal for me, as a Steelers fan, because one of these teams has to lose. A great situation.)

No comments: