Monday, November 06, 2006

Ear stuff

One of the other benefits of transplant (ha. ha) was the ear "stuff"--i.e., the cochlear implant (hereinafter referred to as the "CI"). I'm going in to Dr. Willet (my ENT)'s office on Wednesday to have a CT scan, more tests, and to meet with a person who's had a CI. I gotta say, I hate these things. Meeting with a person who's had one never helps me. It never has, it never will. They did this to me pre-tx too, and I hated it. It's just not my thing. Never has been. But I have to do it, it's "part of the process." So whatever. I'll keep you posted as to how it goes.

Last year about this time, we were getting ready to do the skin graft on my right arm to fix that problem...fortunately we're not having the CI implant until after the holidays. Thank God!

No comments: