Sunday, May 02, 2010

Breakfast time!

OK, if you know me, you know that I am not really a morning person. Sleep is my friend. So that means breakfast is usually a very simple affair--sometimes as simple as coffee and toast.
But this morning, I decided to get a bi creative, and I made these.
These are very, very good. And they take, oh, five minutes. Not kidding.
So, here we are:

Huevos Hyacinth
From The Pioneer Woman's Cookbook

For one:
1 slice ham (thinly sliced)
1 tomato slice, or picante sauce
1 egg
cheese of your liking (I used mexican blend, to fit the theme, but Ree likes crumbly goat cheese)

Turn on the broiler and butter one ramekin.
Place the slice of ham in the ramekin and top with tomato slices or picante.
Gently crack one egg on top.
Sprinkle with cheese. (OK  I did more than sprinkle. I gave it a nice covering.)
Place the ramekin on a baking sheet and slide under broiler. Broil for 4-6 minutes, or until egg yolk is slightly set. If you want it more set (as in, you don't like runny egg), broil for another minute or two.
Eat. :)

No comments: