Sunday, August 27, 2006

Long days and short nights

So while I had all these things going on during the day, there were other things that happened, too. This is probably more of a hodge podge entry, but here are some of the things I remember...

-Fr. Mark came around a lot. He had Wednesdays 'off', so he would come by and watch movies. One night we watched Phantom of the Opera which was a lot of fun. Would've been more fun if I'd sung along but I didn't want to wake up everyone. Hah hah. He also dropped by a lot during the day, which was nice.

-I got a ton of cards. My room looked like a Hallmark store, and I stil have them. They were great!!

-Eventually the walking got better. I actually started picking up my feet and walking like a normal person. :) But there were still days when it was hard to do. It's amazing how completely your body can abandon you.

-Eating was sort of a hit or miss proposition. The plus side was I could eat whatever I wanted as long as it would stay down. Maybe we should've done a stomach tx at the same time....hmm.....

-my friends came; Maggie, Michele and Aaron from work and the h.s. buddies. Branden was amazed that I could stand up and walk...he was pretty funny. I liked having them around and as I got mentally stronger and could focus longer they stayed longer.

-I caught up on all my old TV shows. Every day I could watch Family Matters, Step By Step, Full House (sometimes 4 episodes in a day!), all the old TGIF shows. Awesome. :) Of course I also had to sit through about 1000 viewings of Harry Potter III because it played constantly on the in-house movie channel. Grrrrr.....

-Eventually I started doing PT in the rehab gym, which was a lot better, because then I got to see other kids and many of them were just adorable. You ever want to complain about something, go down to the PT gym and you won't want to any more. Those kids are warriors, man. They are awesome.

After a month on the floor, I was getting ready to go home. I wanted my bed, I wanted real food, I wanted to go home. I'd been in the hospital long enough. Dr. A was awfully slippery about a release date....

No comments: