Thursday, August 21, 2008

The Internet is really, really great...

*bonus points if you get the title reference!*

It's so great I can blog while I wait for tests at Children's...
Yes, today I'm getting an Upper GI series, which involves drinking Quick-flavored Barium and then taking lots of Xrays to watch the stuff move through my stomach and small intestines. But, as usual for me, my body doesn't want to cooperate so it's taking a lot longer than usual. I'm due for my next picture at 12:10.

The nice thing is, I get to see people that I haven't seen in a long time! Like Dr. G, my transplant surgeon.

I was in the cafeteria getting a bag of chips (I was told to eat soemthing, so that was my pick), when I saw him getting lunch. He is, hands down, one of my top 5 favorite people at Children's because he is so nice and so fun.

He gave me a hug and called me "beautiful" (yes, I know, I'm vain), which made me happy. :) We talked about his kids, my sibligns, life in general. I haven't seen him since my transplant surgery itself (you don't really see the surgeon, unless you need a more detailed biopsy, or another transplant (gulp!). I told him about the show over the summer and he asked me if I was playing my piano (he has a great memory, did I mention that?). Seeing him really made my day (he told me it made his week, so I'll take that.). I'm sure it's great for him to see his patients and know he did an awesome job (which I told him).

So that's what I'm doing...I'm in the family resource center, which the Columbus Blue Jacket Foundation funded. It's awesome--it has lockers, a workout room, a laundry room, food, and these great computers. :)

No comments: