Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Day 2: Infusion

Well, last night was not high-quality fun. I believe I got about 3 hours of real sleep, having gone to bed at 10:15 and waking up at 7:30. Yay, lots of fun. The sleep actually came around 4:45, so some productive night.

Blood level at 8:45, then I actually got to work today! Got almost my entire to-do list done, and will get to work tomorrow. Huzzah! Then went to infusion at 12:45 to get amakacin and SoluMedrol. Julie stopped by and we are stopping the levoquin since it doesn't show up on any of the sensitivities. One more drug off the chart...yay! I did manage to take a cat nap during infusion, which was helpful.

So cold here, which is not helping my mood! But at least things are looking a little better. Hopefully I can get some sleep tonight. the only real bugger is washing my hair, as usual, even though it's a lot easier now that it's short.

Another change: this is the first IV course I'm administring entirely solo. My parents are mixing the drugs but I am pushing them and making sure they get done. Pretty cool, eh?? :) I am actually kind of proud of this.

No comments: